An ideal all-around lens, the EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS from Canon is a 28.8-320mm equivalent zoom covering a versatile wide-angle to telephoto range. Using both aspherical and ultra-low dispersion elements, color fringing, chromatic aberrations, and spherical aberrations are well-controlled for a high degree of sharpness, color accuracy, and clarity. A Super Spectra coating has also been applied to suppress flare and ghosting for improved contrast. Complementing the imaging capabilities is a four-stop-effective Image Stabilizer system that minimizes the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. Additionally, a DC Micro Motor autofocus system delivers quick focusing performance and a minimum focusing distance of 1.5' is available for close-up shooting.
- All-in-one zoom is designed for APS-C-format Canon EF-S-mount DSLRs, and offers a 28.8-320mm equivalent focal length range.
- Two ultra-low dispersion elements are used to control color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to realize greater color accuracy and clarity.
- Two aspherical elements are used to reduce distortion and spherical aberrations throughout the zoom range in order to maintain sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for greater contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- An Optical Image Stabilizer helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to four shutter speed stops to better enable working in low-light conditions and with slower shutter speeds.
- A DC Micro Motor autofocus system provides quick focusing performance and a dedicated AF/MF switch allows for quick switching between auto and manual focusing methods.
- Rounded six-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.